fudge

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Life In General

I don't really have much to say, I guess I kind of exhausted myself with my rant the other day. Actually, I've been feeling a bit mean about that. I'm sure if it had been any other boots I'd been wearing I probably wouldn't have been that bothered. Not that I don't stand by my views but like I said, I'm a live and let live kind of person generally.

Life's a little drab right now. The relentless rain is starting to get to me. My hair's a permanent mass of curls and frizz and completely untameable and I keep looking at all the summer stuff out in the shops and longing for the day I can just pull on a pair of shorts and a vest top and warm my skin in the sunshine.

To cheer myself up I've painted my nail a vibrant blue.



I'm also adding landscape gardener to my CV having spent Sunday helping SD prune the bramley tree at the farm and pruning the damson tree by myself. It's not quite the same since the goat died, I no longer have to keep one eye on her or run off and leave SD stranded up the tree. After the experience with the bloody sheep I don't think he's in any hurry to replace her.

I haven't made an arse of myself for a while, well, not since the washing up brush incident anyway (although there was a brief moment with the bin men last week but it wasn't really very noteworthy).

I've been thinking a bit about my fiction, it's been an age since I wrote any and I'm thinking I may start looking for a good blog to join up to and share it, any thoughts?

I'm also away next weekend visiting a friend which I'm very much looking forward to. A whole weekend with no jobs, lots of food and wine and plenty of just doing nothing other than sitting around gossiping, can't wait!

Miss Mac is very excited that we now have a Nandos in town which opens today and she is planning to have her Birthday party there in April but I expect she'll persuade me to take her before that. She's also got McBusted and One Direction concerts to look forward to later in the year and, although she doesn't know it yet, I've tracked down the converse she wanted and put them away for her birthday so she's doing pretty well.

Gus is in desperate need of a bath and wafts around pungently but I will have to wait until the weather warms up or I cant stand it any longer before I do the deed.

And (and I consider this a seriously personal affront) big D turns 30 at the end of the month.

I SHIT YOU NOT!!

That bugger is going to make me the mother of a 30 year old in a couple of weeks, talk about inconsiderate, I'm not nearly old enough for that!

So life in general is pretty good really. The snowdrops are out at the farm and there are lambs in the fields. Spring is on it's way and there is so much to look forward to.


I may grumble and complain and have the occasional rant but all in all, life is pretty good really.

No comments: