|This here thingy!!|
First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH Holly :-) - I was chuffed to bits.
As is the way of awards there are a few rules to follow (although it's not compulsory but hey, it does give you the basis of a blog post)
Anyway, these are them:
1. Answer 10 questions given by the nominator.
2. Nominate 5-10 blogs that each have less than 200 followers.
3. Give 10 questions to your nominees.
So, jumping straight in, these are the questions that Holly asked me along with my answers:
1) Do you have any recurring dreams?
I have a couple and also a couple of recurring nightmares but they don't tend to bother me so much these days. I did have a really weird dream the other day where I was a backing dancer for One Direction Gangnam style - I was TOTALLY exhausted in the morning!
2) If you could be anywhere in the World, right now, where would it be?
That's an easy one and never changes. I would be in Corfu but not in the present day. I would like to be transported back to the 1930's when Gerald Durrell lived there. My all time favourite book is My Family And Other Animals by Durrell, it's magical, if you haven't read it then DO, you will LOVE it!
3) What is your favourite inspirational quotation and why?
Ahh, this is where I have to confess to a loathing of inspirational quotes. I don't know what it is about them but they just make me want to poke someone in the eye. I have to resist the temptation to make snarky comments when people post them on Facebook because I know I'm just being a bitch and I do try to keep my inner bitch on a leash.
Just yesterday someone posted this on FB:
Ok ... Maybe ... But something about it just make my teeth ITCH!!
HOWEVER, I DO love quotes. My favourites are from Groucho Marx:
'Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.'
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
And Erma Bombeck, a woman after my own heart:
'My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?'
'My second favourite household chore is ironing. The first being hitting my head on the top bunk until I faint.'
4) What is your favourite blog post that you have ever written (with link)?
Ohhh, tricky one ... Hmmm, let me think ... You know, I REALLY don't know ...
Ok, I'm going to go with an early one which really epitomises me and pretty much set the tone for my blog:
I'm Not The Alien, It's An Effing Android!!!
5) How did you pick your blog's name?
Well, this is kind of linked to the above as it was the same person.
I was in town texting a friend and had a sudden craving for some fudge. At the time we had this great little shop where you could watch them making their own fudge. Proper old fashioned crumbly stuff. When I told him he said:
'Go for it, People Don't Eat Enough Fudge' - instantly I knew that when I started my blog then that would be it's name.
6) List three qualities you prefer in your favourite people.
1. The ability to laugh at themselves as well as at me.
2. I struggle with people who are precious about their stuff - With special stuff I get it but if you don't want me to steal your socks then don't leave them lying around! On the plus side - my frock is your frock if you are ever in need.
3. Just The Way I Am - On a more serious note - I really value people who love me just the way I am, I don't want to feel I'm failing in some way by just being me. I don't want someone to try and change me - if you don't like me the way I am why are you here? Please don't want me to be something I could never and would never want to be all it will so is disappoint us both. On the same note - be yourself because you are the person I chose to be around, I don't want you to change, I don't want you to be something else for me because I already love you just the way you are.
7) Describe your ideal date
Well, I've had my fair share of really shit dates - you can read about them here if you like. There are others!!
I've also had my fair share of great dates - ones where I've been wined and dined - laughed until I cried - taken to amazing places ...
Right now I'd be happy with any kind of date which didn't include me either wielding a pitchfork (yep, that would be last night), hauling logs (last week), cleaning or painting wheels and tyres (who CLEANS tyres FFS???).
I don't know, it seems a little cliche to say anywhere and anything with someone that I love but it's true. I guess throwing in a bit of sea, a bottle of something chilled and some sunshine wouldn't hurt either.
8) What is your guilty pleasure?
God, I have LOADS of these!!
Eating junk food when SD isn't around.
Lazing around in the sun writing and reading blog posts when I should be doing other stuff.
Anything really that involves me doing stuff when I know I should be doing something else (which is pretty much most of the time)
9) What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Put the kettle on and head for the shower while the tea is brewing. I don't function at all in the mornings until I'm clean with a cup of tea in my hand.
10) Do you have any ongoing projects right now?
Almost everything I'm doing is an ongoing project.
My house which I'm constantly doing or planning to do stuff to and which will no doubt fall down and bury me alive before I finish it.
Various craft projects to do with Miss Macs bedroom which we are slowly turning from silver and turquiose (which I LOVE!) into one with a vintage union jack theme (post at some point probably).
My garden where I've just planted out a load of tomatoes and runner beans and obviously my blog which is ongoing.
And so, on to MY questions for YOU!
1) What was the first ever comment on your blog - who was it from and how did it make you feel? (Mine was from Allison Tate from Life at a Pink Fibro who is a REAL LIFE WRITER - I was SO excited!!)
2) What's your favourite cake - this one's especially for you K (I have two, lemon drizzle and coffee and walnut).
3) Do you have a friend who you would hate if you didn't love them so much? (I do!) and why (mine is beautiful, has a great job, fantastic lifestyle and is always jetting off to exotic places - I love her to bits but ...).
4) When did you last make and arse of yourself and how? (this one is very close to my heart as all readers of my blog will know)
5) Kittens or Puppies - quick, QUICK you HAVE to choose!!! (I can't, I love both! ;-).
6) Do you have an item of cleaning or cooking equipment that you don't know either what it's for or how to use it? (I have a breadmaker that I lost the instructions for - never used it but luckily I can make bread the old fashioned way - I also have a churn brush that SD for some godforsaken reason gave me).
7) Have you ever cyber stalker anyone - either someone famous (I haven't) or an ex (hmmm, maybe a little ...) or an ex's new partner (not guilty of that one either, he goes through them too fast to make it worthwhile) or someone that you used to go to school/work with (might have done that a little too ...).
8) What's the weirdest injury you've ever sustained? (I once cut my foot rather badly drop kicking a frozen potato farl ...)
9) Have you ever accidentally sent a text/email etc to the wrong person (I once sent one to another member of the PTA I chaired at school complaining about how flaky another member was but accidentally sent it to the person I was talking ABOUT!).
10) Have you ever vlogged? If yes, what was it about? If no, would you ever? (I did recently, it possibly wasn't my FINEST moment but hey, you'd be waiting a LONG time for that!).
And so, who to nominate ....
Hmmm, well, part of me wants to say ALL of you because I'd like to hear your answers but part of me thinks I SHOULD really just nominate.
Sod it, I'm lazy - if you read this far then YOU ARE NOMINATED!!!
And this is where after Joe quite rightly told me that was a lazy thing to do that I put this post back into draft until I found time to do it properly!
So, my nomination are:
Ann from Help!! from I'm Stuck!! - a new bloggy friend who makes me laugh.
Joe from Cranky Old Man - because a) he deserves it and b) he made me do this properly.
Beth from Day by Day with Marie - because I love reading her daily snippets from across the water.
Brighton Pensioner from Pebbles in the Sea - I love the eclectic mix of posts on this blog.
FC from Feisty Cat - one of my earliest blogging buddies who I haven't seen around for a while.
K from A Guiding Life - because she likes cake (even though I'm fairly sure she won't do this - too busy eating cake ;-).