fudge

Friday 25 January 2013

I't's A Beautiful Thing

I just wrote a really ranty post when all I really wanted to do was to share these photos with you.

Anyway, I don't want to detract from them so I've deleted it (maybe another time).

Not sure why I'm in rant mode anyway,  I'm in a really happy place right now with a fantastic weekend ahead of me which I will share in a post next week.

I hope you enjoy these photos, I love to take credit for them all but unfortunately I can't.  They were all taken by local people and are all local to me though.

I live in a beautiful part of the country with the Blackdown hills to one side, the Quantocks to another and Exmoor on my doorstep as well as all those great beaches I keep showing you.

Happy (in a slightly smug kind of way)?  Me??  You bet ;)

Say what you like about the inconvenience of snow - I think it's stunning!



Snow on Exmoor

St Marys Church (I can see this from my house)

The view from the Blackdown hills

The edge of the Quantock hills

Deer on the Blackdowns

What a great couple!

The bandstand at Vivary Park in the centre of town (I much prefer this to it's usual  coiffured look)



6 comments:

AGuidingLife said...

Don't talk to me about ranty, in fact you're best not talking to me at all. I've been rent-a-ranty on twitter all week. I've yelled at people for breathing...anyhoo...nice pictures. I couldn't live near Quantocks, I would forever be hearing Forest Gunp saying Buttocks every time I saw a sign. Other than that I'm sure it's a mighty fine place to be. There's a town near Nottingham called Gotham...I have to go "dadadadadadada batman" every single bloody time.I drive me mad. See ranty.

Can I look at the pictures again tomorrow and see if I'm able to just go "ohhhhh, lovely photos Sarah"...you never know. It's not that they aren't, you understand, they really are. The snowlady has very big boobs, did she have some work done on them?!

mwah

joeh said...

I love the snow!

AGuidingLife said...

Damn - wish I'd said what Joeh said. It sounds like something a normal person would say. *note to self: Be more normal*

Ps Your church photo is cardable - you should sell it.

A.K. Knight said...

I cannot add much more than what has already been said (written) ... you truly live in a gorgeous part of the world ...

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha ha after reading the first comment I had to scroll back up and have another look at the snow lady's boobs.

The snow just makes me think of Narnia. Beautiful.

Sarah said...

Lol K, rant away (which is the comment I clearly meant to put on MY post ... doh!) - they build 'em big round here which is how you can tell I'm not a real Somerset lass ;) - damn Joe for going all normal eh? Don't worry, he cant keep up the pretence for long!

Me too Joe (struggling to respond in a 'normal' way just so you know I can).

Yes I do FC although I'm still blown away by the vibrancy of your photos - we just dont get that here.

Lol Alex, they are worthy of a second look ;) - I'm pretty sure there's a Narnia lurking at the back of my wardrobe if only I could get to it!