fudge

Thursday 22 September 2011

While The Rest of the World Peacefully Sleeps

I'm sitting here seriously thinking of cleaning out my fridge ......

It's 2:36am for gods sake, the alarm will be going off in just under 4 hours, I really don't want to be awake.

So yes, my fridge probably could do with a clean (although I do hasten to add that this, along with the loo, is one of the few things I do have a slight cleaning obsession with) it possibly could and probably will wait until tomorrow (or should I say later today!).

In a moment of madness today I bought a new ironing board cover.  Not madness in the sense that I don't NEED a new ironing board cover, I do, I did!  But, well ............. judge for yourself!!





How NOT me could something be?  I've got no idea what came over me.  I am NOT a pink person.  I don't do fluff or kitch and to be quite honest, I don't really do much ironing either if I can help it!  It is pretty good for doing hand shadows on though .........

Obviously I DO iron but I'm not OCD about it and if I could hand it over to someone else then I would, happily.

I have a kind of Erma Bombeck take on life ie  'My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint'.

I have been having a bit of a clear out recently though.  I've discovered that people actually want to buy all the crap I've been storing for years.  You have no idea how liberating it is to clear out the under stairs cupboard and the stuff that I found ............??  A chocolate fountain, a candyfloss maker, a deep fat fryer, bread maker, George Foreman Grill, a steamer thing for taking off wallpaper, a mitre saw, a yoga mat ...... the list goes on.  I also inexplicably found a copy of Puppetry of the Penis, the mind boggles!!

I'm kind of half tempted to watch it (god only knows where it came from!) but I know I'd probably spend most of the time with my hands over my eyes.  Wonder if I'd have the nerve to slip it in with the DVD's going to the car boot sale ........

Hmmm, I am minimalising my house.  I still have a way to go but I'm finding it quite therapeutic.  There's stuff here that serves no real purpose at all and yet I'm so used to seeing it that I don't see it anymore (if you see what I mean).  I have two cutlery drawers in the kitchen for instance.  In one, all the knives, forks, spoons ect and useful stuff, in the other?  Well, duplicates really of everything in the first drawer and I NEVER use any of it.

Last week I had an appointment at the hospital regarding my fat foot (new comers may not know the story but I can't be arsed to trawl back to find a link).  After 6 months I can confirm that I don't have gout, a dodgy lymphatic system, a broken ankle or arthritis.  I also don't have a particularly fat foot anymore either although there is still a little swelling.

What I DO have is a beautiful ankle!  Now that's not just my opinion, the consultant said it 7 times!!! (I started keeping count after the third time).  He was technically looking at an xray at the time  and talking about bone structure and spacing and stuff buy hey, I'll take my compliments where I can get em!

Not sure how I wandered on to that subject ...........  I think I just wanted to boast a little about having perfect ankles .... (I'm assuming the other one is too).

It's now 3:26am and in the interests of not eating a huge piece of chocolate fudge cake that is calling me from the fridge that I'd no doubt clean if I got up to look in it, I am going to sleep (I hope!) .......  night all

6 comments:

Eloise said...

Ironing is definitely at the top of my 'TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS' list. Im not even exactly sure where my iron is. I think I deserve to give myself a bonus point for managing to avoid it for so long :) The chocolate fudge cake sounds delicious. I love late night snacks (probably a little too much!)

Sarah said...

I have this fantasy where I open my wardrobe and everything is perfectly ironed (by someone else) with one inch spaces between each thing to avoid creases. I may put up a photo of the reality one day :)

Chocolate fudge cake is to die for but I did manage to resist it at 3am or whenever it was.

I'm impressed to find someone who avoids ironing more than I do and you definitely deserve BIG brownie points for not even knowing where your iron is!

Anonymous said...

I used to love ironing - now I avoid it like the plague or until it starts to take over my bedroom completely and I have no choice but to stand and plough my way through it.

Last weekend I made a trip to the tip with more household crap than I thought I could ever have. The house is becoming more minimalist with the exception of the dining room - which although void from a dining table point of view, is choka a bloc full of the boxes I have packed ready for the move.

Of course if the embassy say 'no' I am scuppered because everything will have to be unpacked again...lol...better make sure they like me! hehehe

Lou :-)

todd carr said...

I had fat foot once, a bad case of adema after a really bad sunburn from the beach. I lost sight of both ankles for a week. Terrible pain. I'm glad your pretty feet are back. Have a good weekend!

Sarah said...

They will Lou, how could they not :) xx

Sounds nasty Todd. They haven't discovered what caused mine but to be honest, as long as it never comes back, I don't care!

Hope you have a good weekend too x

Dave said...

Re-reading this brings home three things; 1.I've been avoiding clearing out the house and garage for far too long.

2.I've been putting off sorting out stuff I can put on eBay or sell at a car boot, I know its part of the de-cluttering process but for me its like a separate issue, hopefully giving me funds for potential chocolate fudge cake (for instance).

3. Ironing? Do people still do that? I thought there was a law against it now? I am aware that slavery is frowned upon, surely this ironing practise must soon follow?