I've just read a post by Slapdash Mama aka NS, aka the OTHER Sarah Mac who has been having a pretty shit time lately what with sick kids and stuff and she sent out the following plea:
"What are you just so effing glad about you have to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS? Tell your old friend. Distract me from my rollercoaster ride of worry/relief/worry/relief/worry/relief. PLEASE DISTRACT ME."
Well, a friend in need is an inspiration for a blog post (or something like that) so I'm taking up the challenge and, casting my mind back as far as yesterday I am going to find at least 5 things to be grateful for and share them here with you and Sarah so that you too can bask in that happy place that is my life ....
1. I am grateful that men of a certain age can't run very fast (I could explain that one but I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions ...)
2. I am grateful that the effing great tyer that rolled down the garden towards me yesterday only knocked me sideways before ploughing through a flowerbed and smashing into my tomato plants rather than flattening me completely leaving me having to explain at A&E why I had tread marks across my face.
3. I am grateful that no one saw me leap up from the decking I was sitting on because I'd forgotten that I'd just washed the deckchairs on it with the power washer and I'd now got a soaking wet bum.
4. I'm also grateful that no one then saw me immediately sit on the fecking deckchair forgetting (AGAIN!!) that Id just washed them and they were also still soaking wet!
5. Im grateful that the chocolate lab that Gus bounded toward joyfully and started shagging in the park turned out not to be Coco, his bestie and long term shag buddy because Coco has in fact been dead for the last 2 months.
6. I'm grateful that my friend Lou considers me her 'go to techie person' because it makes me feel loved and useful and that my advice that her SD card is 'totally buggered' (and being that she snapped it in half I'm fairly confident of this diagnosis) was helpful as I have my hammer and chainsaw polished and ready to go should anyone else require any techie help for a reasonable rate or even for free.
7. I am grateful that when I was messing around with my own SD card (which is coincidently ALSO buggered) that my complete panic when I thought my phone was uploading all my fecking photos to You Tube (and believe me, there are a few on there that are NOT for public consumption) was probably in fact a slight over reaction as I think (I bloody HOPE) it was just updating You Tube.
8. I'm grateful that no one saw me trying to erect the aforementioned deckchairs (although many may have heard me swearing as I did!) because after 10 minutes of sweating and swearing like a trooper I had achieved this:
9. ...... Nope, can't think of a 9 but I think 8 things to be grateful for in one day is pretty good going don't you?
Tell me, tell Sarah, tell the world ....
"What are you just so effing glad about you have to SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS?