fudge

Friday 23 August 2013

A Photo For Friday (aka - My Aching Arse ...)

Yesterday I cycled from Firepool Lock to Maunsel Lock - total distance approx 19 miles.

I've got to say that for the last 3 miles or so my bum was aware of every single bump and rut in the cycle path despite my padded shorts and my new gel filled saddle!

It was a beautiful day though.  We took our time enjoying the sunshine and the countryside and stopped a while at the canalside tearooms at Maunsel for coffee and cake and I really couldn't have wished for a more perfect way to spend the afternoon.




so beautiful and minutes from my door!



After waving hello to Howard Jones in passing we carried on through the stunning countryside



My favorite spot along the way

This little guy joined us at the tearooms and hopped around our feet looking for cake crumbs

In more good news - it seems the gearbox in the van is not broken but rather the drive shaft had snapped which meant that the decimal point in the bill moved one point to the left and it could be fixed locally so Cornwall is back on for next week - happy days :-)

No comments: