fudge

Friday 18 July 2014

And The Award Goes To ...

Well ME actually ...

A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from the school telling me that Miss Mac had been given the Form prize and inviting me to the awards ceremony.

I was so proud that I posted a photo of the letter on Facebook.

'Well done Miss Mac' said one of the comments, 'I don't know what that means but it sounds great'.

I had to confess that I didn't really know what it meant either but hey, it was recognition of something so well done my beautiful girl.

Places were limited at the ceremony to the children actually collecting awards and up to two family members.

Miss Mac was very nervous about being called out to collect her award in front of roughly 500 people and very keen that everything should go smoothly and I didn't do or say anything to embarass her.

AS IF!

Seriously, I KNOW I have a habit of making an arse of myself and for the most part I have little or no control over those 'damned things'  BUT it has to be perfectly possible to contain my inner arse (so to speak) for just one evening doesn't it?

I followed the 3 P rule (two of which I've forgotten but the 3rd is PREPARATION!).

I consulted Miss Mac on the appropriate dress.

'Nothing too short, too loud, too flimsy, no flip flops, turquoise nail polish or slogans'.






No comments: