fudge

Monday 9 February 2015

Sometimes I Text Myself ...

I've mentioned before that I often text snippets to myself as the basis for blog posts.  I've also mentioned that I often forget what the hell I was talking about ...

On my phone at the moment are the following:

Existential crisis

Panda

Bob Marley

The bollock of knowledge

Toilet roll

Source material

Eloise the damned

Burp

Beautiful South

Princess Leia - and a beer for the Wookiee

And, to be honest, I can't really remember what most of them were originally about ...

In order, I think Miss Mac was banging on about having some kind of existential crisis when she received her English Language GCSE result.  She had been predicted to get an A/A* when she took it several months early before Christmas and was distraught when her grade came back and it was a B.

Now I'm not too unhappy with that, it's a real shame that she didn't get her predicted grade but a B is a good pass and, as she plans on doing English as an A'level it will make the GCSE superfluous at some point anyway.  But I think it was a wake up call for her that a subject that she should have excelled at didn't give her the expected grade.  As it happens her paper is being sent back for re grading as her school believes it should be an A so we shall see and there is always the option to re-take in June if she wishes.

Panda is I think something to do with Miss Mac's cat Bear (he of little brain) who was so called because Miss Mac thought he looked like a panda bear cub when he was a kitten.  Now I promised Holly a photo of Bear so she could see how like her cat Spud he was:

This is Spud Hollys' cat (photo pinched from Hollys blog that you can find here)

And this is Bear (who incidentally I once knocked out with a Spud which makes them even more similar! You can read that story here if you like):

slightly fuzzy but this is Bear with Eddie

Bob Marley was something to do with Miss Mac saying that Bear was like the Bob Marley of cats he was so laid back (I still miss that annoying little sucker ...).

So, The Bollock Of Knowledge ...

Hmmm, well I can't recall the exact conversation I had with SD but it was something along the lines of him being a geek (something he strenuously denies declaring that he is far too charming, funny and good looking to ever be considered a geek ...) and his small planet like brain ( his words, not mine).  But seriously, we were debating where he keeps all this stuff, he knows so much stuff about ...  Well, so MUCH stuff!  You can see for yourself the direction that conversation took ...

Toilet Roll - SD and I were at the supermarket the other night discussing the merits of various toilet rolls as you do.  He's a buy it in bulk type where as I prefer something with a little more quality.  I've tried getting it through to him that if you 'buys cheap you buys more' but he doesn't believe it.  Anyway, it's my toilet roll and my bum that it's for so I go for the good stuff.  After some (slightly heated) debate SD grabbed the pack I insisted on with a kind of impatient swinging motion and, as the pack swag forward the force shot 3 rolls of 4 ply out of a previously unseen hole in the bottom of the pack and they sailed up the aisle like skittles taking out a toddler and crashing into a display of valentines chocolates at the end (one of those things where you really HAD to be there ...).  I laughed lots, SD and the toddlers parents (he was FINE) not so much ...

Source material, ummm, yep ....  Well that was parents evening last week ...

Now I try REALLY hard at school event not to do, say or wear anything too embarrassing but I often fail (see here and here - there are other examples ...) so I looked in my wardrobe for inspiration in the vain hope that there would be something suitably sober hanging there, there wasn't really and as was pointed out to me, people have certain expectations so I shouldn't really disappoint them anyway.

So, I was chatting to her Geography teacher who was banging on at great length about stuff.  So much so that my mind started to drift a little.  He spent quite a lot of time talking about the importance of source material and I hadn't had any tea before we left ...  and it was getting late ... and all I could think about was tomato sauce and how I could really go for a hot dog right now ...

Eloise The Damned - guessing this was back at 80's night and this was playing:



Burp - no idea at all ... not one ....


Beautiful South - back to 80's night and a song I love partly because despite spending almost no money on it, it has what I consider to be one of THE BEST videos ever.  Check it out here:





Princess Leia and a beer for the Wookiee - Hmmm, SD's friends love to party and invariably this involves a fancy dress theme.

SD is hanging out for a Star Wars theme so he can go as Princess Leia - I KNOW but he reckons I get to be a princess the rest of the time so it's his turn and to be honest, he probably WOULD make a great princess Leia so I don't have a problem with that.  My problem is that he wants me to be his Wookie:

Because he says I'm the right height but mostly because he wants to order a drink at the bar and say 'and a beer for the Wookiee'


So yep, that's what I've been texting myself lately - does anyone else do that?  Do you remember what the hell you were talking about?  Have you knocked over any small children with toiletries lately, been likened to a tall, hairy humanoid from the planet Kashyyk, eaten a hot dog?





8 comments:

Holly Hollyson @ Full of Beans and Sausages said...

They are the same cat!! That is so cute that they have the same face smudges! Luke is a buy in bulk kind of a guy - oh the arguments in the store over toilet roll!

Sarah said...

I told you Holly, it's uncanny isn't it? I let SD get me some toilet roll unsupervised once, we were going through a roll a day of the cheap stuff he bought (I want to say cheap crap but it sounds too much like I'm trying to be funny ;-) ).

Brighton Pensioner said...

And to think I was worried about myself! Sometimes I just don't know when I'm well off.

Sarah said...

I told you that you had nothing to worry about BP (although, on reflection, a reassurance that you are normal from me might not be THAT reassuring ...)

stephen Hayes said...

I'm trying to picture you as a wookiee.

Sarah said...

There are similarities most mornings to be honest Stephen, I'll post a photo tomorrow.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Good grief - I had no idea that the Damned had covered Eloise; what WERE they thinking of? New Rose has to be one of their best. Looking forward to the wookie picture. But I have no idea what my scribbled notes and reminders mean; you're doing fine.

Sarah said...

I know Mike, it's not really them is it? I haven't posted the Wookiee photo today as I've done my Rubbish Tuesday post instead but I do have one ready to go (or maybe several ...). I'm glad it's not just me with the notes too.