fudge

Monday 14 May 2012

A Week And A Day

I'm exhausted - too tired right now for words.

My insomnia which is always lurking in the background is back, it keeps me buzzing through the night and in a zombie like trance throughout the day.

BUT, it doesn't stop me getting out there doing things, taking photos and having fun so, rather than not blog at all I give you my week and a day in pictorial format (and I promise, all those stored up posts very soon!).

Last Sunday after a hectic morning carbooting I went to Topsham - I'd only ever passed it before on the way to somewhere else but it was a revelation!

Beautiful Dutch architecture.  A stunning quay.  I could quite happily live there!



On Monday I bought a new dress (yes, Im on a roll ;) - excuse the close up of my boobs but I wanted to show you the detailing.


Tuesday night I went for a walk by the canal and saw this swans nest full of eggs



Closely followed by one slightly pissed off swan ;)



On Saturday I helped SD spruce up his bike ready to sell - such a shame - I like!  But, as he pointed out, he does have a slight excess of vehicles at the moment (the bike wouldn't by MY choice to get rid of!)



On Saturday afternoon I went to Charmouth - somewhere else I'd never been - I always seem to end up at Lyme Regis or Saunton or Seatown when I go that way but Charmouth was great.  So much quieter than Lyme and a river for Gus to play in.  Then on to Lyme for dinner at the Cob Inn - amazing food!



Sunday was spent finishing the prep to decorate my dining room - a room I've never really liked, it doesn't get enough sun and then wallpapering it.



Today I painted it white - please note - it is really bloody hard to see where you have painted white wallpaper with white paint!  It looks a million times lighter and brighter and just fresh and clean - well worth the effort!





Me

Oh, and this morning I had a text from a male friend asking if I'd re-registered on the dating website (I haven't).  He said he's seen a photo and had thought it was me. 

He forwarded the photo to me and at first I couldn't see what he meant at all but then I looked at my profile pic and yes, I kind of see where he's coming from.

In all events, I'm pretty flattered! :)



 

Not me














So, that's my week and a day - nothing earth shattering - nothing particularly entertaining for you to read - don't worry, plenty of those damned 'things' HAVE happened this week and I will tell you about them when I can clear this fog in my brain.

The best thing to happen this week though was making contact on the other side with one of my favourite bloggers - we have become firm friends over the months in blogland and now, finally, we have taken it that step further and are talking on a more personal level.

I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

I feel I should be doing one of those grateful posts that often pop up but Im too much of a miserable bitch to bother most of the time ;)

Anyway - PP - here's to Mayhem and Malibu (altho I may have to substitute that for vodka ;).

So, what about you lot?  (don't leave me hanging here with no comments like a billy no mates).

What have you been up to?

Have you ever crossed over from blog buddy to real life friend?

2 comments:

AGuidingLife said...

You're just playing games with me now....it's my comment and I'm taking it home :p

Sarah said...

Ha ha, sorry K ;) - I didn't delete it, just put it back into draft to edit a bit (whilst STILL managing to leave spelling mistakes!).

Well, I think you should make it a yes - how else are we ever going to have tea and cake??? x