fudge

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Rubbish Tuesday

I missed Rubbish Tuesday with Roan last week, time just got away with me and before I knew it, it was the weekend.

I've spent some time at the farm in the last few days and there are plenty of things to photograph and keep me happy.

Hanging on the barn door is a chain with a hook and a ring attached to it, it's purpose long since forgotten.

I often mean to take a photo of it and the other day I noticed a single dandelion clock had become attached to it.


I love the juxtaposition of the very old and rusted with the tiny new and potential life:






Bordering the paddock is a fence a section of which was recently broken when a cow leaned a little too hard on it.  The old wood is soon to be replaced with new  but before that happens I wanted to capture the grey/blueness of the old wood against the green of the grass and plants.



15 comments:

Tom said...

Rust can be beautiful!
Tome The Backroads Traveller

EG CameraGirl said...

I think you have a great eye fir what makes an intriguing photo.

Sarah said...

It can Tom, it's made up of so many colours and textures giving some beautiful effects.

Thank you EGC - sometimes things just catch your eye and it's great to be able to capture them.

Roan said...

Both are really nice shots. I always enjoy rust and this rust shot is a work of art. Love the colors in the broken fence pic, too. Thanks for linking up!

Sarah said...

Thanks Roan, I love a bit of rust. There is a bit of a light leak in the fence photo but I decided I quite liked the effect it give.

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent....I know you referred to 'new life' with the seed...but if you look at a quick glance it looks like an arrow piercing through the iron.

Anonymous said...

I love that chain and dandelion seed shot. It is poetic.

AGuidingLife said...

I can't get past 'chain with hook and ring' I NEEDto know why there is a hook and a ring on the same chain. I cam't concentrate on dandelion clocks until I know.

Jackie McGuinness said...

These are lovely photos!

Sarah said...

It does doesn't it Anni - I hadn't spotted that but you are right!

It's lovely isn't it Mcguffy Ann.

You know what K, I've never questioned it (but I will just for you ;-)

Thanks Jackie.

Amy Burzese said...

The tiny flower with the big bold crusty rust is a great contrast. Nice find.

marilyn said...

Past and future....great rust, too...

Anonymous said...

Both a great images. I love rusty stuff - it adds interest. I also like that bit of purplish light shining down on the Queen Anne's lace. Nice composition!

Thanks for your visit and kind comment on my RT entry.

~Lindy

Cranberry Morning said...

I LOVE that first photo especially. Wonderful! Thanks for stopping in at Cranberry Morning. What are ladybirds??

Sarah said...

Thanks Amy.

Thank you Marilyn.

Thanks TS - technically it possibly spoils the photo but I like it too.

Thanks CM - ladybirds are small red beetles with black spots - very common in the UK.