fudge

Monday 11 January 2016

It's For Your Own Good!

Don't you just hate it when people say that?

I do!!!

When someone says something is for your own good guaranteed it's something you either don't want to hear or something you don't want to do ...

AND THEY KNOW IT!!

AND YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GRATEFUL!!!

SD says it to me sometimes and I have to say, I'm rarely grateful when he does ...

I'd been teasing SD a little for being a sickly (while obviously being caring at the same time ...) because he picked up a cold just after Christmas.

SD picks up lots of bugs working in a school and usually battles on regardless (actually, he battles on and moans a lot!) but I hardly ever succumb even when he's wafting his germ laden breath over me 24/7 like he did over the holiday.

'When did you ever know me get a cold?' I crowed piously at him - I don't DO colds, you are sickly and I am tougher than you!'

A couple of days later that cold came and smacked me round the back of the head and taught me who was boss!

Anyway, I periodically dosed myself up with paracetamol, bought some tissues doused in Olbas oil, got very grumpy about every 4 hours when I was due for my drug boost and complained in a sickly voice to SD that he  had 'made me sick ....'

So SD cancelled our trip to the beach ...

FOR MY OWN GOOD!!!

I was not grateful.  We were supposed to be spending the afternoon at Lyme Regis, have fish and chips on the seafront followed by a trip to the small, independent cinema there to watch Star Wars and then on to pick up a cabinet SD had bought for me for the bathroom on Ebay on the way home and I'd really been looking forward to it all.

Of course he was right, I'd never have made it through the day and I'd probably have fallen asleep during the film and we DID make it to the beach late afternoon for coffee on the seafront before picking up the cabinet and coming home to watch a film which I missed the end of because I fell asleep ...

BUT

I still hate being told things are for my own good ...

*I'm still a little sickly but on the mend so I shall return soon with tales of Christmas joy, healing biscuits and quicksand and I might even catch up on some blog reading!

8 comments:

Brighton Pensioner said...

(Comment muffled as I have put on a mask to avoid catching your germs) Get well soon.

Sarah said...

Good thinking BP and thank you - I think I've got off fairly lightly and I'm battling through it fairly well.

joeh said...

I agree, that comment is like the old "What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Bull shit! Lots of times what ever doesn't kill you leaves you a mess.

Sarah said...

Absolutely Joe - I always say 'whatever doesn't kill you just doesn't kill you'. Like you say, anything else is just bull shit!!

Emma Kate at Paint and Style said...

Aw, I hope you're all better soon. I don't do colds or illness either and if I do succumb, I feel outraged!
Happy new year! xxx

Sarah said...

Happy New Year to you too lovely. I'm feeling a bit of a fraud now, I'm almost better! xx

AGuidingLife said...

*waves* hope you are better - I've had something rotten too but obviously I've not been grumpy at all, or sorry for myself, or not getting dressed until dinner or sitting with tissues permanently pushed up my nose because it's less hassle and sore than constant wiping - oh no sireeee, not me!

Sarah said...

Me either K - especially not the tissue up the nose thing ... I love how the same we are - hoping you are feeling better too! xx