fudge

Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Versitile Blogger

Have I ever told you that I'm a charity shop junkie?

Hmm, well I am.

 Partly it's out of necessity these days but mostly it's because I've always loved trawling through other peoples cast offs. I might do a post later in the week with my 'finds'.

Anyway, I saw this great dress from Warehouse yesterday and it was in my size! 

I was soooo tempted but what do I need with an beautiful, sexy evening dress, I hardly go anywhere ......... :(woe is me ;)

Having been passed the Versatile Blogger award not just once but twice in the last week or so I'm thinking that maybe I should have bought it to write this post in.  After all, accepting an award dressed in jeans and a t-shirt seems a little disrespectful!

Anyhow, on with the post!

First of all I would like to thank Feisty Cat -   Now I think she's great partly because she is a fellow cat lover and managed to write a whole post talking about not talking about poo something I personally am in awe of - partly because she loves blueberry jellybeans and will eat them until her tongue turns black but mostly because she is warm, funny, writes beautifully and is possibly as mad as me :)

I would also like to thank B from B Being Cool - a natural blond who dyes her hair brown (got to love someone who does that :).  She hates celery, is the youngest of four, loves to cook ..... hang on, I thought that was ME!!  She write about anything and everything and everything she writes is worth a read.  (One day B, you, me, bottle of wine :)

And so to the rules:


Thank you my lovelies - see above - do go and check them out, I can promise lots of laughs and a couple of new friends.

7 things you don't know about me ..........  damn, that going to be a HARD one but I'll give it a go .....

1)  I can not only touch my toes, I can put my hands flat on the ground, put my leg behind my head AND I can do the splits.  No, I'm not some kind of super fit person. Just strangely (some say freakishly) bendy.

2) I used to get sooo competitive when it was time to make the children's Easter bonnets at school. I'd spend up to 2 weeks constructing the damned things.  Miss Mac won on several consecutive years with a hat like a daffodil, a simnel cake, a green hill with three crucifix's on and a full on tea party with a variety of cakes made from plasticine.  I am slightly ashamed of myself and I will admit, it was all about me!

3) I once lay on a bar in a crowded pub and had hazelnut syrup poured into my mouth followed by champagne (oh yes, I puked after).  At least, I THINK it was me I was with a group of friends and we were all an incredibly bad influence on each other and most of my recollection of evenings with them comes from photographic evidence. (the puking bit was definitely me though:)

4) I used to be in a church choir and knew the Te Deum off by heart.  I also put my dolls rollers in the vicars hair when he came for tea once and 'forgot' to take them out when he left.

5)  Big D was nearly born in a lift in the dark delivered by an ambulance driver who's comforting words to me were, 'fuck me, this is going to be a lot of guess work!'.

6)  I once had to go to casualty to have a fingernail cut after a ten pin bowling incident.

7) As I type this I'm and being attacked by the damn cat (Bear of little brain) and I am sorely tempted to punch him!

It's actually not that hard to think of 15 bloggers that I'd like to pass this on to but it's the cutting and pasting that kills me so I'm going to start with 5 and give lots of shout outs to other great blogs during the week :)

I really don't mind if you don't follow the rules - some of you may have had the award before (possibly from me;) - some of you may have far to much on right now.

It doesn't matter - you still deserve it.  Try and check a few others out though - I promise you won't be sorry that you did.

Alex from Whoa - Mumma - currently pregnant with baby no 5 her latest post about what not to say to a pregnant woman is hilarious!

E from Whining at the World - I just love her blog.  She always takes time to make thoughtful, helpful and encouraging comments and is writing for NaNoWriMo this month - full respect for that girly!

Moannie from The View From This End  - now I wouldn't normally pass an award to Moannie - not because she isn't freaking awesome (she sooo is) but because I'm a little in awe of her (something I'm sure would make her laugh).  She hasn't been well lately and I've been thinking about her quite a lot.  Thankfully she seems to be on the mend.  If you haven't read her blog - you really NEED to :)

RP from The Rambling Pages - A Mum like me - she talks about random stuff like me - and she too has written a post on poo, how much did this one make me laugh RP even if it did make YOU cringe :)

Lou from Our Home in the Sun - Lou has just re-named her blog from Waiting to Emigrate because -  IT FINALLY HAPPENED - my only sadness is that we didn't have the chance to meet up before you went Lou but who knows, maybe when you come home to visit the Beautiful S we will :)  ps Still don't see what was wrong with calling your blog Dunroamin' it was a GREAT suggestion ;)


9 comments:

Nikki - A Mother in France said...

I so miss charity shops - we don't really have any here in rural France :(

Sarah said...

I would miss them so much Nikki - they are a real treasure trove - I shall take some pics tomorrow and do a post I think of my finds :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romina Garcia said...

Holy crap!! Nearly born in a lift!! That would have been so scary! Thanks for sharing x

Sarah said...

I think it scared the ambulance driver more than me Romina - I just wanted him O.U.T!!! (but I'm guessing you know that feeling;) x

A.K. Knight said...

Thankfully the jelly bean jar is empty except for a few sad ones in the bottom, which I am NOT EATING.

Oh, and I really hate the fact that you are bendy. Aside from that, you are totally adorable.

Thank you!

--Feisty Cat

Sarah said...

Ha ha, bet you do FC ;) and thank you, you are pretty adorable yourself you know :)

B said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for your shout out and I am glad to pass on the versatile blogger to you!

I love your 7 things, especially the one about the rollers and photos of you puking. Hilarious.

I agree, you, me and a bottle of wine. I am not much of a drinker but I will start practicing now.

Sarah said...

Haha, I'm a real lightweight these days too B!

I talk the talk but to be honest, one bottle would probably be enough for the both of us :)