fudge

Sunday 9 October 2011

Don't Look At The Blue Light

Apparently computers give off blue light and something similar is found in sunlight (guessing it's a little more technical than that:).

Anyway, the point is, using a computer when you are tired can confuse your body and wake you up.

Now I have a bad habit of taking the laptop to bed with me.  I'm not a great sleeper at the best of times but I wonder if I'm making the situation worse.

I don't watch TV but I do sometimes like to catch up with things on iplayer.  Tonight it was Doc Martin (newsflash - new series PP, assuming you are watching ;)

Well, tonight I was knackered.  I sent the children to bed early for a Saturday night. Normally Saturday night is a bit of a free night.  They are 12 and 13. There's no school tomorrow.  No plans to do anything much apart from them meeting up with friends but, as they are all teenagers they don't tend to surface much before 10am at earliest anyway.

I didn't really have any reason to feel so tired.  It has been a bit of a full on day.  Quite a lot of house stuff, some shopping, walking the dog ect.

 'WOT no beach' I hear you say in disbelief :))

Nope.

It would have been ok really. Not the baking hot sunshine of last weekend but dry with the odd bit of sun. But you can't spend every free day at the beach (although I'm not really sure why the hell not).  Anyway, I had guests for dinner so the beach was out.  I love having people round, the more the merrier.  I love to cook for people.

I was supposed to be going out with a friend later to listen to a live band.  It's been arranged for a few weeks but, just after dinner I was hit by this wave of total exhaustion.  It happens every now and then.  Just the lingering affects of the illness I had last year.  Usually a good nights sleep and I'm fine again.

Anyway, I had to cancel the night out which was a real bitch, Id been looking forward to it but I couldn't even form sentences let alone stand in a crowded bar.

And yet, here I am. It's gone 1am and I'm still not asleep!  I'm also drinking coffee and eating tomato ketchup flavour crisps which are possibly not recommended aids for sleep but hey,  I'm blaming that damned blue light!!

So be warned.

Over exposure to blue light can result in over blogging.  You get whatever crap is in my head at the best of times and more time awake equates to more crap which equates to more exposure to blue light for me ... it;s a vicious circle but when the hell else am I going to get to see Doc Martin in peace??

Actually,  I don't particularly like crisps ...

2 comments:

sjp said...

Thoroughly agree with this, was competely beyond exhaustion the other night, popped on the email for a second, didnt get to sleep for hours :/

Sarah said...

I'm going to do my best to avoid it in the couple of hours before bed sjp.

Bed used to be a place to read and wind down, maybe that's something I should try to reintroduce.