fudge

Saturday 8 October 2011

I Have Everything I need - well, almost ...

In the quotation section of my (now deactivated) Facebook page I have the following quotation:


“Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink for thirst is a dangerous thing.”
Jerome Klapka Jerome


It really IS enough isn't it?

I may forego the pipe but then again, I may just grow me a beard, buy a smoking jacket and give it a go.

I have friends.  I have a home.  I have a dog and TWO cats (and a hamster:).

I have enough to eat, enough to wear and little more than enough to drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like just the right amount of everything to me

I don't have enough to eat at the moment though, so am going to remedy that and order some chinese take-away, to eat while be very sad and watching X factor!

Lou :-)
xxx

Sarah said...

Oh god, I've had TOO much to eat Lou.

I had people round for dinner and right now I'm supposed to be out listening to a live band but all I want to do is lie on my bed :) xxx