fudge

Monday 10 October 2011

Today I Went To Crewkerne

Wikipedia says:


Crewkerne is a busy little Somerset market town of around 7,000 residents. The town retains much charm from the bustle of previous centuries and has some very attractive neo-Georgian architecture in its famous honey-coloured town centre buildings.




And yes, it is charming and the houses, made of local Ham Stone, are pretty quaint:




Best find of the day:

The

Perfect

Bookshop!






I could have spent HOURS in there just inhaling the scent of old books!

Slight low point of the day:

We were there to have my ring valued for auction

On a brighter note, we found this on the way to the auction house:

Bacon sandwiches ALMOST as good as my own :)


AND a bakery/deli that sold about 30 different types of bread as well as homemade jam:

No idea what the bread is but  it looked good so I bought it.
It's YUM and blackcurrant jam
is my all time favorite!
Which we took back to The Demons house, check this out (can't think why he wont swap;)

you may have seen this doorstep
before

I WANT this garden! (I have plans for it;)
See that walled bit at the end?  Perfect for fruit trees and a veg patch.

The palms are a little out  of place in an English country garden (try not to break into song here ;) but they do make this great shimmering sound when the wind blows through them.

It's not looking it's best at the moment but hey, it IS October in England y'know.

No comments: