fudge

Monday 10 October 2011

Toast a Post

Ok, a few days ago I left a teaser comment on B's blog B Being Cool  telling her that I had a plan brewing and to 'watch this space'

Well, here it is!

I jump on the occasional blog hop/linky.  They are a great way to find new blogs and for other people to find yours.

I'm not a fan of the big ones, too many generic 'following you from blah, blah, blah, please follow me back'.

Umm, no ta ;)

Apparently this type of comment is sometimes left to increase/decrease????  Alexa numbers.

Not a flippin' CLUE what they are so please don't ask me to explain.  I got all my knowledge of them from Cranky Old Man which was basically him saying 'WTF are Alexa numbers' except I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually swear.

I also love getting/passing on blog awards (thank you lovely, lovely E from Whining at the World I have NOT forgotten the you passed the Versatile Blogger Award on to me, just struggling to find 7 interesting things to say about myself that don't include celery or cat shit :)

Anyhow, my point in all of this ( I CAN hear you yelling at the back for me to get on with it!) is .. I thought I could do a little combo of the two.

Ok, there is no linky as I haven't got a bloody clue HOW to do one (but I will learn) and this isn't technically an award either.

Other than that, you hard put to spot the difference, honest!!

So, with no further ado, this is how it works ...

Each week on a Monday I shall post a link to my favorite post of the week and I'm hoping that those of you who may not already be following whichever talented blogger I pick on  select will take the time to pop over and take a look.

I'm not going to have a theme. There will be no rules once the linky is up and running (god knows when that will be anyway!).  No requirement to follow me, follow others ect.

Just a request that you link your favorite  post  of the week (NOT YOUR OWN) and maybe pop along to a couple of others.

NOW, it has occurred to me that I may be breaching some kind of blogging etiquette with this.

Is it ok to just post a link to someone else's post or should you ask permission first?  I really don't know.  I do know I'd be ok with it ...

Hmm, I'm going to go with it anyway unless anyone tells me otherwise.  I guess the only thing I would say is that without permission I wouldn't want to post a link to sensitive post.

Ok, drum roll, my very first TaP link goes to (you've guessed it:) B, from B Being Cool for this post:

10 Things - 10 Little Things You Can Do To Have A Little Holiday At Home

I LOVED it, hope you do too!

4 comments:

The Rambling Pages said...

What a great idea, I do a couple of blog hops but am finding its the same old faithfuls each week and as much as I like their posts, I'm always on the lookout for a,new blog to read x

B said...

Awww..... Sarah Mac - you are so lovely!! I am thrilled to be in this linky-not-linky-thing! Gosh. I am all overcome.... Yes, do pop on over to my little patch in the blogosphere... Although, if you are a regular 'Fudge Eater' you may find my antics a little.... tame....

A big fat MWAH - to you Sarah - you gorgeous crazy thang!

E. said...

This is such cool idea. I love your idea of sharing the blog love around. Such a great way to find new blogs.

I'm also intrigued about the 7 things. Waiting impatiently to read those now!

Sarah said...

Thanks all, I've been researching the linkys and it actually doesn't look that hard!

I've signed up for a free 30 day trial so I'll be giving it a go, if people like it I'll carry it on.

Might need to start this one asap to take full advantage of the trial period.

I can feel another late night coming on ... ;)