fudge

Thursday 21 April 2011

Mistaken Identity

I think I might suffer from a form of people dyslexia.

of course you know me!
If you take people I know out of the environment I'm used to seeing them in then, although I may know them really quite well I sometimes haven't got a clue who they are. I know I KNOW them but I don't know why and I don't know how. Long (and on my part) often disturbing conversations can enchew only for me to bump into them in the tea room at work the next day.



I know the world doesn't revolve around me and people don't live in the little bubbles I put them in but life would be so much simpler if the did!



This does also works in reverse. I've often stopped to chat to some very confused people only to find that they work on the checkout in Sainsburys (although I do obviously count some of them as my dearest friends these days) or that they just happen to have a passing resemblance to a character on TV.

I sometimes wish other people suffered in a similar way. It seems that whenever I get myself into a situation that has embarrassment potential (quite often!)l there's a hoard of people who know me just popping out of the woodwork!

I discovered a couple of years ago that I had a much underused social conscience so joined a local action group that fund raises and actively promotes our local park.

The average age of the action group is about 65 so I frequently get roped in to help with things like painting the park benches ect. Now I quite like painting things (as I may have mentioned) and we spent a happy couple of days painting the 18 benches a multitude of colours A job well done .

A couple of days later I discovered a rumour was going around that Id was doing Community Service!!


One of the things the action group does to fund raise is host a bingo evening once a month.

I'm not really a 'dabber' but I usually go along, help make the teas ect and, as treasurer, sort the money. I don't tend to advertise the fact as I'm not sure how good it would be for my 'street cred' :-)

So I really do have to thank Mandy for posting a comment on a totally unrelated post on my Face Book (rather than sending me a private message, texting or even calling me) asking if the school could borrow MY Bingo machine. Hmmmm, now EVERYONE knows!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And there was me thinking I was the only one that things like this happened too...Thank you for making me see that I'm not